Friday, April 08, 2016

Find a Space that Inspires You


Sometimes, you need to get away from your usual routine, and your usual work area, so as to find inspiration.  The change of scenery can be a powerful stimulating mechanism.  Your mind can roam a bit, and your brain can make connections among ideas and concepts from disparate fields.  Here's entrepreneur Emrecan Dogan explaining to Stanford Insights how he has found inspiration as he has built his business (ScoreBeyond):

A few years ago I went through a period when I could not produce any ideas. My wife suggested I get out and go to the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco. The art space was so stimulating, and I had a rush of ideas. I ended up sitting in the cafe for the rest of the day and wrote pages and pages of designs. I go there whenever I have a challenge.

No comments: